Overtaxed Athletic Facilities Cause Extension of Gym, Squash Hours

Faced with record demands on its normal facilities, the Department of Physical Education has decided to open the Indoor Athletic Building four evenings weekly, to add three additional hours to the daily use of the squash courts, and to open the squash courts Sunday afternoon. These changes, which go into effect Monday, were announced yesterday by William Neufeld, of the Department.

The major addition will open the doors of the Indoor Athletic Building from 7 to 9 o'clock, Mondays through Thursday. Crowded out during the daytime by conditioning classes and Varsity practices, House basketball teams will be given the use of the building at these times for practices and games.

Swimming Not Affected

On these evenings, however, the schedule for the swimming pool will not be affected by the night use of the building as a whole. As before, the sole use will be on Mondays by women, and on Wednesdays by House teams. Students whose locker facilities are in the area used by women will be requested by the Department to move elsewhere on Mondays.

Use of the squash courts during the week will begin at 9 o'clock in the morning, instead of 12, and will continue until the usual closing time at 6 o'clock in the afternoons.