New PBH Group Asks Speakers to Sign Up

Expanding its program to include forums and operettas for settlement house audiences, the newly-formed Phillips Brooks House Speakers Committee issued an appeal yesterday to all entertainers and speakers to join its ranks and help meet the constant demands for entertainment of all kinds.

In order to recruit new members, co-chairmen Jay Fialkow '48 and William Hasse '47 are inviting all men who are interested to Phillips Brooks House, Monday through Friday, December 2 through 6, from 3 to 5 o'clock. The prospective entertainers will then have a chance to get acquainted with the House and its various committees.

The committee has sent magicians, bands, current events speakers, and group singing leaders to boys' clubs, community houses, and church bazaars for the past several weeks. New plans call for the sponsoring of theatrical presentations at various settlement houses, such as the ones conducted this past week at the Burroughs Newsboy Foundation, and the organization of complete entertainment units.