Varsity Team Leaves Today For Hanover

Spirited Signal Drill Marks Final Cambridge Practice; 42 Players Make Bus Trip

By Irvin M. Horowitz

Forty-two members of the Crimson Varsity squad, plus an entourage of coaches, managers, doctors and trainers will leave Quincy Square at 10:10 o'clock this morning by bus for Kimball Union Preparatory School near Hanover, where the squad will work out this afternoon before proceeding to Hanover on Saturday for their appointment with the Dartmouth Indians.

Coach Dick Harlow concluded Soldiers Field preparations yesterday for the Varsity's second and last away game of the season, and the long signal drill which ended proceedings found the Crimson in its highest spirits of the week.

Cummings III

Not a single probable performer against the Green was absent yesterday, and the session featured frequent changes on all three Varsity squads. The only Crimson regular who will not make the trip is Len Cummings, who developed a throat ailment yesterday. Emil Drvaric made an unexpected appearance on the practice field, but confined his activities to exercising with trainer Jimmy Cox. He will accompany the team but will definitely not play.

The most unstable posts on the Varsity first team at the moment are the guards. Harlow used Bob Drennan and Jim Feinberg on the "A" team during most of yesterday's session, but Nick Rodis and or Ned Dewey are liable to be his starting choices against the Green. The backfield remains intact, with Henry Goethals, Vince Moravee, Chip Gannon and Cleo O'Donnell as the opening quartet, although Bill Jackson and Dave Farrell will be used considerably behind the Crimson captain.

Prior to the signal drill, the Varsity worked on pass offense, defenses against the Dartmouth attack, and punting under pressure.