Drvaric Named to All-Ivy League first Eleven as Yale Places Four

With an impressive 13 out of a possible 16 points guard Emil Drvaric garnered the only Crimson first team berth on an All-Ivy League football team selected by sports editors of the eight member college newspapers, the Cornell Daily Sun poll director, announced yesterday.

Placing four men, Yale dominated the aggregation. Three Pennsylvania players were selected with two Columbia gridders and one Cornellian completing the eleven.

On a basis of two points for a first team choice and one for a second, only Fritz Barzilauskus, 215 pound Eil guard, Tony Minisi, Pennsylvania halfback, and Levi Jackson, darting freshman fullback] from Yale received the maximum 16 points and a unanimous nomination.

Gannon Makes Second squad

Other Crimson Varsitymen who figured in the selections were scatback Chip Cannon, whose six-point total was a scant two points short of a first team slot, and ends John Florentino and Wally Fiynn, center Jack Fisher, and backs Vince Moravec and Ralph Petrillo who received honorable mention.

Rounding out the first eleven were Bill Swiacki of Columbia and Jack Roderick of Yale at ends, Frank Wydo of Cornell and George Savitasky of Pennsylvania at tackle, and Pennsylvania's Chuck Benarick at center.

In addition to Jackson and Minisi in the backfield were Gene Rossides of Columbia and Yale's Fred Nadhernay.

Selections were made by editors of the following papers: the Brown Herald, the Columbia Spectator, the Cornell Daily Sun, the CRIMSON, the Dartmouth, the Pennsylvania, the Princetonlan, and the Yale Daily News.