MERMEN DOWN TRINITY, 43-32

Talented Tylers Save Losers From Disgrace; J.V. Beaten

Coach Hal Ulen's swimmers easily conquered Trinity College Saturday, 43 to 32, for their second win of the season as against one loss. At the same time, the Crimson Jayvees were considerably less successful, succumbing to Andover Academy by a score of 54 to 12.

The Crimson mermen were deterred only by the sprint work of the Blue and Gold's three Tyler brothers. Lacking seasoned swimmers like the Tylers, who won every event in which they were entered, the inexperienced Ulenmen counted heavily for points on second place finishes and non Tyler-entered events. The squad showed promise, however, with Ted Norris and Tom Drohan standing out.

Norris Threatens Record

Norris, who lacks previous swimming experience, threatens Eric Cutler's Freshman record of 5:05 minutes in the 440-yard free style. He has not been pushed in that event this season, and finished over a lap ahead of the Trinity swimmers. Drohan, handicapped by a sprained back suffered the day before the meet, turned in some fine diving, amassing 78.5 points over Pete Grady, with 62.4, and Trinity's Butler, with 60.4.

Chuck Holzer took the 200-yard breast stroke for the Crimson in 2:44.8 minutes and the 300-yard medley relay team of Frank Krayer, Holzer, and Ted Burnham won with a good time of 3:15 minutes.

The varsity will take on the University of Connecticut swimmers Saturday. The Connecticut mermen are an unknown quantity.