BINGHAM ADDS 2 GRID GAMES

Connecticut, Coast Guard Listed; Kopp Named Coach

One new coach and two new games brightened the University's football picture for 1946 this morning, as Bill Bingham, director of Athletics, announced the approval of the Athletic Committee of the enlarged schedule and the new appointment.

The new games include a contest--the first one in history--with the University of Connecticut, as the season's opener on September 28, and a game on October 19 with the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, which bowed, 25 to 0, in the past campaign.

Nine Games Again

The addition of these two teams will bring the 1946 schedule to nine games for the first time since 1930. Previously announced were contests with Tufts on October 5, Princeton at Princeton on October 19, Holy Cross October 26, Rutgers on November 2, Dartmouth at Hanover on November 9, Brown on November 16, and Yale on November 23.

Lieutenant Harold W. Koop, a former pupil of Dick Harlow's at Western Maryland, has been appointed line coach and assistant to Harlow. He will join Lyal Clark, Al McCoy, and one more assistant coach yet to be chosen in the big job of restoring pre-war style football.

Though the University of Connecticut ranks as one of the smaller New England colleges, the Crimson eleven will find its work cut out for it if fullback Walt Trojanowski, nation's leading scorer, starts for Connecticut.