Varsity Tops Chelsea Five As Skaters Tie B.U., 4 to 4

Swegan, Decsi Lead In 86 to 71 Victory

After Wednesday's victory over Chelsea Naval Hospital 86 to 71 in a fast-moving sharpshooting contest, the Varsity basketball quintet will finish the Crimson's most successful court season against New Hampshire in Durham tomorrow. The Wildcats are not ceded much of a chance against Coach Stahl's efficient squad.

Enthusiastic patients, packing the small Chelsea gymnasium to the court's edge, saw baskets tallied by every known method as rapidly as the contestants could toss the ball. The sailors, who relied for their points mainly on accurate shooting from a distance, were led by rugged Dan Bricker, who was high scorer with 24 points.

Lou Decsi utilized his height and agility under the basket to score 21 points for the Crimson. Continuing to improve, Paul Swegan filled the injured Captain Gray's shoes ably, dropping in nine field goals from every section of the court.

After Champion tied the score at two all, sinking a pair of free throws, the Stahlmen took and held the lead. They had to move fast, however, to keep ahead of the sharpshooting Chelsea five. Using the fast break, peppering the basket from the corners, and working around Decsi's pivot work, the Crimson quintet looked strong in their ninth straight victory.