JURISTS SLATED TO HEAD PANEL AT LAW FORUM

Bernays, Gross Scheduled to Talk on War Trials Friday

Colonel Murray Bernays, advisor to Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson, and Leo Gross, professor of International Law at Tufts' Fletcher School, will speak on the war crimes trials Friday evening at the first of a series of Law School forums. The forum will be held in the New Lecture Hall at 8 o'clock.

Sponsoring the forum is an organization headed by Jerome L. Rappaport 1L and called the Harvard Law School Forum. With 500 Law School members at present, the group, which has a tentative list of six other forums to be held Friday evenings through May 10, has announced that it will admit College and Business School students to its ranks.

Zechariah Chafee, Jr., Langdell Professor of Law, has dedicated the organization to the 93 Law School students and graduates who "did not return from the war."

In a recent letter to Rappaport, Dean Landis commended the Forum as an agency to further "an aliveness to the world . . ., its pressing issues and its challenges, (which) is almost essential to a proper appreciation of the law."

Speakers listed in the Forum's prospectus are Lee Pressman, Senator Burton Hickenlooper, Roland Young, Thomas Finletter, Senator Edwin Johnson, FTC Chairman Judge Elwin Davis, Thurman Arnold, and others including Harvard Professors Sumner Slichter, Alvin Hansen, Roscoe Pound, Arthur N. Holcombe, Edward S. Mason, and C. Crane Brinton.