Pete Harwood, Fisher Brothers Lead Cinder Squad in First Hurdle

Handicapped by adverse weather of the past month, without the benefit of even one time trial, Coach Jaakko Mikkola's 1946 track squad will attempt to begin its season with a flying start this afternoon as it pits its peed against Tufts and Connecticut, in a meet to be held in Harvard Stadium at 2:30 o'clock. The Jayvee Squad will battle Andover at Andover.

Mainstays of the team, as revealed by Mikkola last night, will be former Freshman ace Dough Pirnie in the 100 and 220 dashes, 1, C. 4-A weight-throw champions Bill and Doug Fisher in the hammer throw event, and Pete Harwood in the Pole Vault.

"Between the cold weather and the the fact that many of our war veterans are still feeling the effect of their years in service," Coach Mikkola declared, "we haven't been able to get a true line on the team."

Despite these conditions, he was confident that his team would make a good showing. "The boys will give a good account of themselves. I've never had a track team that worked harder in spite of handicaps, and I'm convinced that results will come."