Evenly Paired Crimson, Tiger Fives To Clash in Ivy League Tilt Tonight

Penn and Cornell Top Ivy Race As Defeat at Ithaca Sends Barclaymen to Fifth Place

Cornell and Pennsylvania, rated by pre-season experts as the class of the Eastern Intercollegiate Basketball League, assumed co-leadership of the Ivy race this week as a result of weekend victories. Both teams have won two games without a loss in league competition.

The Quakers and the Ithacans are likely to maintain their top standings until the beginning of February, for mid-year examinations will forestall activities among all league competitors at the end of this week for an approximate two week period.

Yale's struggling quintet has helped both leaders to their present positions. Both of Penn's victories have come at the expense of the Elis, and Cornell has also triumphed over the New Haven five. Cornell's other win was a 17-point trouncing of the Varsity on Saturday night.

Still undefeated, but with only a single victory apiece, are Princeton and Columbia, both of whom won four-point contests from Dartmouth's defending champions last weekend. The Big Green is not regarded as a championship contender this season, and the graduation of And Brindley and Mo Monahan in February will make even harder work for Coach Elmer Lampe next month.

The Varsity squad is thus temporarily in fifth place, with no victories and its Cornell loss, ahead of twice-beaten Dartmouth and Yale, a three-time loser.

Both of the league leaders have relatively easy competition this week. Cornell will meet Yale again on Saturday at New Haven, the same night Pennsylvania engages Dartmouth at Hanover. Ivy League Standings Team  Won  Lost  Pct. Cornell  2  0  1.000 Pennsylvania  2  0  1.000 Columbia  1  0  1.000 Princeton  1  0  1.000 Harvard  0  1  .000 Dartmouth  0  2  .000 Yale  0  3  .000