Republican Forum to Hear Cox Tonight on Prevention of Strikes

Various plans for preventing strikes in public utilities will be examined by Archibald Cox '34, professor of Labor Law at the Law School, before the fourth meeting of the University chapter of the Republican Open Forum tonight at 8 o'clock in the Winthrop House Junior Common Room.

The topic of the evening was chosen by the central committee of the nation wide Republican Open Forum, organized by the Stassen wing of the Republican Party, for discussion in all the local branches during the month of January.

To Vote on Subject

Ballots will be distributed at the end of the meeting permitting every one attending to register his views on certain aspects of the subject. These ballots will be forwarded to the national headquarters of the forum to be tabulated along with those submitted by the other chapters. The findings will then be made available to Republican congressmen and senators.

Prior to his University appointment in October 1945. Professor Cox served on the National Defense Mediation Board and as Assistant Solicitor of the federal Department of Labor. A member of the Law Review while a student at the Law School, at one time he represented the University in cases involving textile mills owned by the Corporation.