Wrestlers Put Tufts on Mat, 24-6 in Second Straight Win

Trio of Falls Wednesday Night Floors Inept Jumbos; Squad Primes for Bout with Army

By Robert Carswell

Chief Boston's Varsity wrestling team racked up its second straight victory of the 1947 campaign Wednesday night when they overwhelmed squad from Tufts College by the score of 24 to 6 in the gymnasium of the Indoor Athletic Building. Taking three bouts by pins and three more by decisions while dropping two by decisions, the Crimson team had little trouble with the Jumbos, who once again performed the familiar cousin act for a Harvard team.

With this match the grapplers halted operations for the duration of the examination period, although daily practice is being held in the wrestling room. First meet of the new term will see them facing Army, and in the words of Coach Boston, "The honeymoon is over with three tough meets coming up in the first two weeks of the new term."

Schless, Louria, Fulier Get Falls

In the win over Tufts Howle Schless, Crimson 121-pounder, started off the victory parade when he pinned Ron Sawyer of the visitors with a chicken-wing and half nelson in 7:33 of the third period. Captain Donald Louria got the second fall for the Crimson in 1:11 of the first period. Taking his man down with a double wing lock in the opening thirty seconds of the bout, Louria switched to a front arm and headlock to pin his opponent.

195-pounds Varsity heavyweight Pete Fuller got the third pin of the meet when he dropped the Jumbo unlimited man, 235-pounds Charlie Berndt, and pinned him with an over the head hold in 2:07 of the first period. In the 128-pound class Phil Busby defeated Paul Levy of Tufts in a 12 to 11 overtime decision.