Harlow Hunts for Fullback

Wally Flynn Put In Hole Left by Loss of Moravec

First-string end Wally Flynn worked out at fullback yesterday afternoon as football Coach Dick Harlow sought a replacement for Captain Vince Moravec.

Hospitalized at Stillman Infirmary since his return from Virginia Sunday, Moravec is suffering from a serious knee injury, which, reportedly, has ended his football playing career.

Harlow ran his team through the first real practice scrimmage since the mocktussles with Boston College last month, but only for about half a dozen plays, to show him how Flynn and another end, Jack Guidera, brother of guard Dick, would look plowing into the line.

Rodle, Drvaric to Play

Although reports from Stillman said definitely that Moravec was out for the season, the doctors at Dillon had a bright prediction for the coming Holy Cross campaign with the statement that regular guards Nick Rodis and Emil Drvaric would be ready to play. Neither of them made the trip to Virginia because of injuries.

The status of Jim Kenary, left half injured against Virginia, was unknown last night, and it was doubtful that first-string center Chuck Glynn, also hurt Saturday, would be able to perform against Holy Cross. If Glynn plays, it will be with a cast on his arm. Stretch Mazzone, an end, was also considered as possibly being ready for Saturday.

Kennedy Ready for Action

Regular end Bob Kennedy, injured for the last two games, worked out with a combination A and B squad as they practiced defenses against Holy Cross plays, run by the Freshmen. Members of the A team, including Chip Gannon, who were bruised last Saturday, were excused either entirely or early from yesterday's practice.

John Gorczynski, a 220-pound B team tackle, was cut from the squad yesterday for disciplinary reasons and for his non-cooperative attitude both before and after the Virginia game.