Junior Assistant Jobs Announced By Civil Service

Broad vistas for potential civil servants were opened last week, the Office of Student Placement announced yesterday, as it revealed a Civil Service Commission program entitled "Junior Professional Assistant."

In communicating the list of new government jobs which, for the most part, jibe with courses of concentration in the College, the Office called attention to the fact that the deadline for filing an application card with the Washington Commission is November 4. The card is necessary for permission to take the Civil Service examination.

17 Categories

Seventeen categories are listed by the Commission, which said that it desires "to attract men with force, imagination, initiative, as well as intellectual power--men capable of filling the junior and senior administrative posts which need so urgently to be strengthened."

The National Institute of Public Affairs has announced that it will choose, from the registers established by the examination, about 30 to 35 people as interns for special training.

The government need is for qualified specialists in the following positions: administrative technician, archeologist, astronomer, bacteriologist, chemist, economist, engineer, geographer, legal assistant, librarian, mathematician, metallurgist, patent examiner, physical, psychologist, social science analyst, and statistician.

Applications for specific positions in the New England area may be registered with the Regional Director, P. O. Building Boston 9, by next Wednesday.

The Office of Student Placement in

Room 30, Weld Hall said that it was prepared to supply more detailed information regarding job descriptions, localities, etc. as well as providing application cards