Crimson Faces Upstart B.U. Eleven

Donelli's Terriers Rated Underdogs In Fierce Crosstown Battle Today

By William S. Fairfield

With pre-game raids and rallies raising student spirits to fever pitch, an underdog Boston University squad will pose the first crucial test of the season for the Crimson eleven at 2:30 o'clock this afternoon in Harvard Stadium. In the three previous clashes between the two universities, Harvard has never been defeated, or even had its goal-line crossed. The Crimson downed the Terriers 10 to 0 in 1921, 13 to 0 in 1924, and 60 to 0 in a 1945 war-time encounter.

If the Varsity unit can get by today's contest and next week's battle at Virginia, Harlow's charges may well enter Walter Camp Field at New Haven on November 22 with an undefeated record.

Odds on the Crimson range from 10 points to three touchdowns, but the actual Terrier squad, upon which these odds are based, comprises only half of the Varsity's worries. The other half is the coaching finesse of wily Buff Donelli, in his first year as Scarlet and White mentor.

Pitt Remembers Buff

The famous Pittsburg teams of the late 30's well remember the stunning defeats suffered at the hands of Duquesne, like Boston University, an under-dog, Donelli-coached eleven.

Injuries and shifts have caused four changes in the starting Crimson lineup which faced Western Maryland last Saturday. Nick Rodis is definitely out of the meeting with the Terriers and his guard post will be filled by Jim Feinberg.

Slated to start at right end, in place of Starting Lineups HARVARD  B.U. W. Flynn (200)  le  Anderson (175) Houston (200)  lt  Heller (202) Drennan (190)  lg  Stewart (194) Stone (180)  c  Boyle (213) Feinberg (183)  rg  Haracz (208) Pierce (215)  rt  Ramacorti (226) Hill (180)  re  Boston (180) Kenary (180)  qb  Toner (188) O'Donnell (160)  lhb  Giles (187) Gannon (180)  rhb  Hatch (186) Moravec (200)  fb  Mancino (187)

the bruised Bob Kennedy, is Red Hill, a defensive tower of strength on the flank.

Two backfield first-stringers have reversed positions and this afternoon's opening whistle will see Jim Kenary at quarterback and Ken O'Donnell at tailback. However, if the Crimson receives instead of kicking off, Chuck Roche will probably get the nod at left halfback instead of O'Donnell.

For one Terrier regular, the confines of the Soldiers Field Stadium will be nothing unusual. George Boston, who played second string halfback for the Crimson last year but shifted his allegiance to Boston University to get the studies he wanted, is starting at right end for the Scarlet and White. "By far the best end I've got," Donelli tabbed Boston earlier this week.

Converted by Sampson

Boston's conversion to end came about not through Donelli's knowledge of football talent or through George's own decision although end was his cherished position at high school but through the recommendation of Crimson publicity director Arthur Sampson. Baft was going to use him in the backfield again, a spot where Dick Harlow had placed him for lack of running backs.

The estimated 45,000 fans largest Stadium crowd since last season's Yale fracas, can expect to see a wide open game this afternoon. In Jim Kenary, the Crimson has a sure fire passer, and head mentor: Harlow has promised to use all the tricks in his bag.

In addition to Captain Don Giles the halfback who completed 20 of 45 passes last year without best end Boston, the Scarlet and White have sophomore John Toner, rumored to be more accurate than Giles, working under the center.

Converted by Sampson