Council Raps HAA for Lack Of Prior Warning on Ticket Deadlines, Asks Adjustment

Member's Resigning Forces New Ballot

Primary target for Student Council oratory at last night's meeting remained the H.A.A. as ticket policy, athletic participation card price, and Varsity training table levies all came up for consideration.

Particularly singled out for criticism was the failure of the Athletic Association to adequately publicize the closing date for Rutgers football ticket applications as this Thursday. The game is almost a month away.

Postponement Sought

Patrick D. Daley '50 was requested by the members to ask for formal postponement of this deadline, along with the October 15 date set as the last day for Princeton applications.

Inauguration of a drive to collect $10,000 in unpaid pledges to the Council Service Fund was also announced at the meeting by treasurer Ray A. Goldberg '48, as appeals mailed today will coincide with an entry-by-entry canvass.

Accepted last night, the resignation of William H. Bayliss '46, Adams House representative, involved the Council in a chase with the Constitutional procedure for replacing a member that ended against a stone wall.

In the event of a Council member's resignation, the Constitution calls for his replacement with the next man on the ballot. The runner-up in the Adams House election of last spring was Francis D. Fisher '47, who declined to serve last night because of "academic pressure."

Already a Member

Next man on the slate was John K. Lally '49, but he already holds Council office as the victor in the class elections which followed his defeat in the House balloting.

Only other man on the list, R. Bradbury Clark '46, begged off last night because of previous commitments as program director of WHRV, the College radio station.

Sole line of action remaining to the Council, declared President Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46 at the close of the session, is to hold a special election in Adams House "at the end of this week, or the beginning of next, at the latest."