Jayvees Edge Eli Eleven by 28-26 Margin

Sparked by the running and passing of Frank Mikloa, the Crimson Jayvees outfought Yale for a 28 to 26 victory here yesterday afternoon. Mikloa connected with right and Peirce Leavitt on three touchdown passes and ran the ball himself for the other tally in the fierce seesaw battle on Walter Camp Field. Halfback Bill Brady provided the running punch.

Coming from behind late in the fourth quarter after Eli end Jim Gault had run 75 yards to put the Blue out ahead 26-21, the Crimson marched to Yale's 10-yard line, where Miklos lobbed a pass to Leavitt in the end zone. Bucky Harrison them converted for the fourth time in the afternoon. A strong Crimson line smothered the Blue's desperate attempts to score in the closing minutes of the game.

A tricky brace of Yale backs used everything in the books to gain an early lead. Two passes by Cotton Smith and John Robertson, and an end sweep by Smith accounted for the Eli's first-half tallies, but in two of the scores the Bine failed to convert, leaving the half-time tally 19 to 14 against the Crimson.

Yale's hopes were not entirely quashed even at the end, when Smith tried a series of long heaves that failed to connect. Fresh from the cheers of the crowd, the triumphant Jayvees threw the happy chief into the shower.