Crimson Eleven Goes to New York For Waldorf-Astoria Fete Tomorrow

Dick Harlow's 1947 squad may not be the top-ranking team in the nation, but tomorrow night they will dominate a banquet and ball in the Waldorf-Astoria to which more than 100 college football stars have been invited. The only complete team in the country to be so honored, the Crimson players and their guests will be the guests of Walter S. Mack '17, former Varsity football manager, at the affair given for the benefit of the Outdoor Cleanliness Association of New York. Mack is now president of the Pepsi Cola Company.

In addition to receiving free transportation for themselves and their dates to and from New York, the Varsity players will have a chance to win a five-passenger car and two tickets to Bermuda which will be railed off. Players needing dates will have them supplied from the debutante committee which is running the affair.

Bob Chapputs of Michigan, Bobby Layne of Texas, and Tex Furse of Yal are among the gridiron stars who will attend the fete at which Mayor William O'Dwyer of New York is to be honorary chairman.