HAA to Seat Women in 1948 Cheering Sections

Brown Game Marks End of Female Ban

All-male football cheering sections in the Stadium will pass into history with the Brown game on November 15, William J. Bingham '16, director of the H.A.A., announced last night.

By a resolution of the Committee on Athletic Regulation, one and two applications will be allocated on a class basis only, starting with the Yale game, irrespective of whether a female should occupy one of the seats. The new ticket allocation scheme will be in effect at all Crimson games next year.

Plenty of Ell Ducats

While Bingham settled the problem of whether dated undergraduates might sit in good seats at the Yale game, Frank A. Lundon, head of the H.A.A. ticket office, yesterday disclosed that plenty of seats would be available. "We will be able to fill all undergraduate and alumni applications now in our hands and we are still accepting more," Lunden said.

Abolition of the cheering section came in response to a Student Council poll of October 23 on which an overwhelming vote favored the elimination of the time-honored male rooting corps. Final action came too late to affect final allocation on either the Brown or Princeton games.

Exception Proves Rule

The Athletic Committee tacked on one reservation in otherwise accepting the Student Council recommendation. Alumni who applied for single tickets with the assumption that they would be seated in the cheering section, will receive seats of old time cheering section quality.

"They had no way of knowing that the ticket plan will be changed," Bingham explained," and under the old rules they would be entitled to sit in the cheering section. Next year single alumni seats will come under alumni class regulations." Lunden said that, in any case, only 300 applications would come under this classification for the Yale game.