Cadet Officers Announced in Reserve Corps

Hauptfuhrer Leads NROTC as Ober Directs ROTC; Army Initiates Departmental Paper

Names of cadet officers in the Army ROTC and in the NROTC were issued to the undergraduate public this week in a series of communiques from the military at Harvard. Further developments from the Military Science Department included the formation of a new department newspaper by the Army and an appeal for recruits for the rifle team.

Nathanial Ober '50 was appointed to command the ROTC battalion with a rank of Cadet Major in this week's series of Army releases, while carlier this month George J. Hauptfuhrer '48 was chosen NROTC battalion commander with a rank of Cadet Lieutenant Commander.

In the ROTC Cadet Captaincies went to Thomas C. Fischer '49 and Phillip C. Assaf '46 as Orcutt F. Drury '45, Lyman W. Smith '46, Robert A. Curley '46, and Martin F. Groeley '48 were made lieutenants and will command platoons.

Navy Names Officers

The Navy Cadet high command lists Samuel M. Felton '48 as battalion sub-commander with the Cadet rank of Lieutenant. Dewey G. Rushford '48 rates next as battalion adjutant with the rank of Lieutenant, j.g. with Frank, Jr. '48 as battalion lieutenant with the rank of Ensign. John G. Flint, Jr. '48 and Sherwood C. Chillingworth '49 are the company commandants for the naval unit.

Featuring the list of cadet commissions, the first post-war ROTC journal blossomed forth this week under the direction of D. A. Sutherland '50. A bimonthly mimeographed eight-page affair called "Shannonigans" after its home in Shannon Hall, the paper is handed out free to all members in the ROTC program.

Navy Has Paper, Too

Navy equivalent to "Shannonigans" is called "Loudspeaker,"and resumed publication after the war on October 1. Both are designed to unify their respective units by acting as a clearing house for ROTC news.