Crimson Gridders Face Subsidized Princetonians, Predict 23-2 Victory

Probe Shows Visitors Paid Off In Editions of Yale News; Home Team Heavy Favorite

By C. N. Gridlak

Twenty-three intrepid CRIMSON editors met in secret conclave yesterday and emerged hours later tight-lipped, red-eyed and filled to the brim grimly to announce that they would meet the Jingo Journalists of the Daily despite the Nassaumon's admitted subsidization program.

The Crimson's action reassured the 230,200 ticket holders for the Radcliffe quadrangle fracas, who had all but despaired of seeing the heralded clash of the aeons when the bombshell of professionalism in the ranks of the Journalist burst into the public eye. By the time that the public had wiped its eye clean it could plainly see Billion J. Wingham, mahatma of the college league, pointing an accusing finger southward to the shores of Lake Carnegie.

Use Inflationary Money

Wingham revealed that a probe had unearthed the fact that black and orange were rewarding their star fullback, Tcheep Plated Silver, and their ace passing combination of Troilus and Cressida, with used copies of the Yale Daily News.

The revelation startled the amateur world.

"Startling," said Rapid Robert Eistedfodd, CRIMSON athletic director.

"There is only one word to describe it," cried M. "Red" Sherman, who will officiate today's game.

The only dissenting note came from Fink K. Flink, a Yale potentiate who was hardly startled at all. Fink did have a word of advice for the Princetonians though. "It can't be used as legal tender anywhere outside of New Haven you know."

Ludendorf Meows

Nothing daunted, the Crime gridders, outpayed 20 pounds to the man, took to the practice field today. They ran through a series of baffling "dotted i" plays that caused a broad feline grin to spread across the bewhiskered visage of CRIMSON head coach R. Sibley ("The Cat") Ludendorf, who, in one of his rare statements to the press, termed the workout "schwell."

Ludendorf, in off the record remarks, commented that he was especially pleased with the work of R. S. ("Lusty") Neverstall, whose pass-throwing almost made its mark every time. The coach also had praise for W. Seaton Faircatch, who made large gains on delayed bucks through holes in the center of the line.

Mr. X Uses Deception

Quarterback Naps Bell was cited by Ludendorf for his successful bits of gridiron strategy, while Mr. X in a series of sneak attacks, caught the CRIMSON's "D" team napping.

Gamblers eyeing the proceedings from high in the stands were heard to call the Cambridge squad favorites in the coming fray--and at 22 to 2 odds. This despite the "professional" aspect of some members of the Prince squad.

The men from New Jersey romped and staggered over a series of tricky and highly confidential plays last night in the now famous "crossed t" formation. These were originated in 1912 by Coach "Fritz" Krysier, whose team yesterday exhibited its renowned "fluid drive" offense.

Casualty Lists Announced

But the Nassau journalists were not without their minor tragedies. In an especially vigorous scrimmage last week against the editors of the Daily Dartmouth, 23 of the Princetonian starters were crippled or killed. Among these were:

Off guard Dauntless ("Plated") Stepling, who will spend this morning on the bench nursing a case of delirium tremens and a hip flask.

E. Premium Stock, utility substitute. Stock underwent an exploratory operation two days ago and doctors reported finding one well-saturated Maraschino cherry.

Unidentified others.

Fratricide Anticipated

Reports circulated yesterday in informed circles that today's contest would not be merely a clash of two teams, but a conflict between two estranged brothers, Leventhal of the CRIMSON and Lebenthal of the Princetonian.

A CRIMSON rally on Plympton Street last night whipped the College into a frenzy of excitement on the eve of the encounter. Such sporting luminaries as Richard C. Fallow and major Boston were on hand to bolster the spirits of the team, which were being siphoned off gradually.

After a series of cheers, including "Talking Himarx" and "Drunk Last Night," the ceremonies were concluded with the ringing words of heady coach Ludendorf, who announced, "We're going to go out there tomorrow and--write!"

The starting lineups: CRIMSON  Visitors Lewis  11:59  Dear Simon  C 3565  Dear Karson  avc  Dear Sack  pic  Dear Friedman  abc  Dear Hooper  400  Dear Glinn  jl  Dear Green  6A  Dear Bell  naps  Dear Leavitt  prex  Dear Stein  dunce  Me