Sextet Seeks Third Win In B.U. Tussle Tonight

Chasemen Will Risk Early-Season Streak

By Robert W. Morgan jr.

With two hockey victories that can best be called unexpected behind them, the Crimson skaters will try their skill once more tonight in facing Boston University at the Arena.

When they face off at 8:15 o'clock, the Terriers will have last winter's New England Intercollegiate Hockey League title and 14 straight League wins to their credit. Last year, however, they succumbed to the Crimson, 5 to 4, in an overtime, in the Chasemen's opening game.

Balanced Squad

Although B.U. is feeling the loss of such 1946-47 notables as Ed Crowley and Ed Figueria, its present team is better balanced and more aggressive than last year's, according to coach Harry Cleverly.

Actually, the Terriers are untested in collegiate circles this fall, despite two easy victories already. lke Bevins has been sensational in the nets, and the speed of first liners Don Cleary, Bon Forbes, and Bill Kirrance is a real threat.

For the Crimson, coach Johnny Chase will use the same six starters that upset Boston College a week ago. The success of the first two games may be traced to the general skating improvement of the entire squad, and particularly of defensemen Dick Greeley and Steve Washburn. Greeley is a returning regular and Washburn has come up from last winter's Jayvees.

Lavallc Returns to Lineup

Goalie captain Jack Lavallc is expected to return to the drapes this evening after sitting out the Brown game with a knee injury.

The probable lineups: HARVARD  B.U. Sears  1w  Kirrane D. Key  c  Cleary Crocker  rw  Forbes Greeley  1d  Anderson Washburn  rd  Jurgelevich Lavallc  g  Bevins