Grad Schools, Council Slate Unified Activities

End of Overlapping Committees Sought

University-wide cooperation over-powered Harvard's ancient apathy bugaboo last night as student groups from most of the graduate schools met with the Student Council, found that much of their work was overlapping, and decided to do something about it.

Representatives from the graduate schools of Business Administration, Engineering, Law, Divinity, and Arts and Sciences took immediate steps to work with the Council on such projects of mutual interest as foreign relief, charity donations, alien student aid, the National Student Association, and student finance problems. Another meeting was scheduled for next Tuesday.

Although no regular central committee is envisioned, the various associations saw eye to eye on the necessity of frequent conclaves in the future to trade information on related activities.

Charity Work Organized

With a unified poll planned on the allocation of charity grants, the Council and graduate groups decided to create one office to investigate the relative worthiness of the different benevolent organizations.

Plans for the joint conclave took shape originally at a recent luncheon of the National Student Association, which brought various University groups together for the first time.

Most immediate problem facing the gathering was that of finding sources of hospitality for foreign students over the Christmas vacation. Orientation and housing difficulties of the alien scholars will be ironed out in another of the University-wide cooperative venture.

The groups also voted to invite Radcliffe representatives to future meetings.