Jayvee Five Bows, 60-25, as Yardlings Overcome Nichols

Brockton 'Y' Hands Crimson First Loss

An aggressive basketball outfit from the Brockton YMCA took advantage of every break that came its way plus sloppy Crimson ball-handling to even up the jayvee quintet's record at one and one with a 60-52 victory last night on the Indoor Athletic Building floor.

Enjoying a height advantage, the visitors dominated the backboards and repeatedly broke up Crimson thrusts, forcing Hal Kopp's boys to hit from the outside.

After trailing by ten points at the half, the Crimson pulled up to a 42 to 42 tie late in the final quarter but was unable to overtake the opposition. Smith and Whight sent Brockton into a 49 to 46 lead with three minutes left to go and the winners pulled steadily away.

Bill Mobraaten and Dick Covey earned scoring honors for the Crimson with 16 and 15 points respectively, while Jack Wright and Tom Smith paced the winners with 13 and 11 markers. The Jayvee lineup: rf, Altrocchi, Goldsmith; lf, Mobraaten, McGiffert, Cohodes; c, Lionetto, Dailey; rg, Covey, Brademas; lg, Brynteson (Capt.), Markham.

The Jayvees hit the road for the first time this season next Friday when they travel to the University of Connecticut.