HSID Delegation Will Embark for Detroit Conclave

The Christmas Conference of the Student League for Industrial Democracy at Detroit will be host to a large delegation from its Harvard counterpart.

Headed by Gus Papanek 1G, national chairman of the SLID, members of the Society for Industrial Democracy will arrive in Detroit on December 28 in time to hear an opening address by Walter Reuther, national chairman of the United Auto Workers.

The meeting, to which all interested students are invited, will investigate community sources of prejudice by visiting factories and housing projects, and will interview leaders of trade unions, business, and government.

Annual Convention Follows

Following this conference, the annual SLID convention will meet. Present will be: Howard Aibel '50, secretary of the Society for Industrial Democracy; Irving P. Phillips '50, chairman of the HSID; Edward Hamlin '48, Arseny Harpovich '45; and Papanek.

"We expect that this convention will formulate policies which will guide the SLID as a dynamic, non-partisan student organization," stated Papanek. "We are devoted to achieving the fullest possible democracy in our economic, political, and cultural life consistent with the League's educational character."