Lecturer on Physics Backs Masaryk's Plea For Relief to Czechs

Former University of Prague professor Phillip G. Frank, lecturer on Physics and Mathematics, appealed yesterday for support of American Relief for Czechoslovakia, which is conducting a drive to raise funds "with which to buy special foods and medical equipment for the children of Czechoslovakia." Local relief offices, he announced, are at 355 A Boylston Street in Boston.

Frank also released a plea recently issued by Jan Masaryk, Czechoslovakian Foreign Minister, which follows:

"My American friends: You all know the terrible destruction the enemy caused in Europe . . . . Our educational and public health services were purposely wrecked and the most pitiful victims are our children. They are so pale. It will take a long time to restore normal mills and fat supplies, to re-equip our hospitals and children's clinics.

"The nation is hard at work and has already performed 'miracles,' as Mr. LaGuardia has told you. The greatest threat to our future is tuberculosis, which affects 60 percent of our children in the devastated areas . . . With U. N.- R. R. A. and the National War Fund terminating operations, we depend on American Relief for Czechoslovakia to send us milk, fats, medicines, and hospital equipment, which cannot be purchased anywhere in Europe.