Yardling, Jayvee Sextets Maintain Unsullied Record

Freshmen's Last Stanza Spurt Led by Second-Stringers as Ward Scores Five Markers

Yardling and Jayvee pucksters scraped the Arena ice clean yesterday afternoon as the Fiftymen, led by newly elected Captain Dave Abbot, lengthened their winning streak with a 6 to 5 victory over Arlington High School, while the junior sextet thrashed Newton High School. 4 to 2.

Trailing 5 to 3 at the beginning of the third period, the Yearlings fought their way out in front as leftwingman Larry Ward drove home two of his total of five markers in quick succession and Gid Loring whacked Haven Abbett's pass into the not for the clincher.

Second-string line, the trio of Ward, Loring, and Abbett spearheaded the uphill drive which began in the second period, and was lauded by Coach Stan Priddy after the game for its rapid development into a smooth-running defensive unit. Priddy disclosed that he would start the first team against Cambridge Latin School on Wednesday.

After a faltering start, the Jayvee aggregation gathered momentum as Bill Hamlen bulled his way through a host of Newtonians, kicking and blasting the puck into the net to tie the first stanza score at one-all.

Newton was quick to tally in the second period, but Steve Washburn then took up the cause, driving in one on an assist from Art Lee. Hamlen poked in another to make the score 3 to 2 and put the lid on further threats. Key's shot in the final period froze the score at 4 to 2.

The Freshman lineup: l.w., Fletcher; c., Abbot; r.w., Almy; l.d., Allen; r.d., Key; g., Draper. The Jayvee lineup: l.w., Lee; c, Hamlen; r.w., Bell; l.d., Weld; r.d., Coste; g., Yetman.