All Proceeds of St. Joan Opener For Food Relief

Proceeds from yesterday's matinee of "Waiting for Lefty," and those of the premiere performance of "St. Joan" on March 19 will be donated into Food Relief Drive coffers, Richard D. Campbell, Jr. '48, Food Relief Committee Chairman, announced last night. Meanwhile, campaign receipts settled in the $21,210 bracket, he added.

"This unselfish act of the Workshop players and the Dramatic Club is appreciated enormously," Campbell stated, as spokesmen for both organizations disclosed the decision of their colleagues.

Simultaneously, 14 letters attesting to the success of the first University food drive carried on last summer arrived in the Committee's Phillips Brooks House office. From students at Rennes, France, the letters expressed gratitude for the timely arrival of American aid.

In addition to the notes of students, the Rector of the Sorbonne writes: "this generous gesture deeply moves me, and I am overjoyed to find what a high ideal of intellectual and, more simply, human solidarity, American students are creating."

With College returns almost complete, Campbell asserted that the burden now rests on outlying districts like Harvard-evens and Hotel Brunswick, but more directly on the faculty. He asserted that returns from the second appeal to them have thus far been "very light."