Horn Attacks Crimson Editorial Position on Intervention in Greece

Robert A. Horn, instructor in Government and weekly news analyst for WHCN, told Crimson Network listeners last night that the CRIMSON editorial on the Greek situation yesterday, "Greek Tragedy," was "a confused and contradictory piece of writing."

Supporting President Truman's proposals for intervention in Greece and Turkey, he said that the editorial also supported taking the steps that Truman proposed, yet "advocated means which would make those steps impossible."

U. S. Action Legal

Horn declared that the unilateral action of the U. S. in moving into Greece would not constitute a violation of the Dumbarton Oaks plan for U.N. organization, as the editorial had said. He cited the attempts of the Security Council to investigate the Greek situation which were stymied by similar action on the part of Yugoslavia.

He said that the United States had not denied jurisdiction to the U.N. Security Council by its proposed action. "Should our intervention be carried to the Security Council, it is highly unlikely that this country would lose out to Russia," Horn asserted.

"Turning the matter over to the General Assembly would be impossible," he added. "It would go on the Security Council agenda, where a Russian veto could easily prevent any further action."