Drzewieski to Tell UNESCO Plans Tonight

Reconstruction Director Will Speak at Fogg Museum on UNESCO Role in Education

Director Bernard Drzewieski of the UNESCO Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Section will speak to the College on "Educational Reconstruction as a Project of UNESCO" at 8 o'clock tonight in the Fogg Large Lecture Hall.

The meeting is being held under the auspices of the Commission for International Educational Reconstruction, and is sponsored locally by the Graduate School of Education and the International Activities Committee of the Student Council.

Drzewieski, a noted Polish educator, fled his country before the Nazi advance, but continued his educational work in exile. A former Vice-President of the Executive Committee of the Preparatory Commission of UNESCO, he has recently been elected Reconstruction and Rehabilitation director. He is currently in the United States on a brief tour.

Conference in Afternoon

Before his public appearance in the evening, he will participate in a joint faculty-student discussion meeting under the direction of the International Activities Committee of the Council and the Faculty Conference on Public Issues. This meeting will be limited to invited students and faculty members form Harvard and a dozen other colleges in the Boston area.

Discussion at the afternoon meeting will be centered on practical methods by which American colleges can assist UNESCO's work in such matters as the present Food Relief Drive and the promotion of student and faculty exchanges. His evening talk will center on UNESCO's present projects of educational reconstruction.

Previous to the afternoon session, Drzewieski will attend a luncheon sponsored by the International Activities Committee.