Class of '50 Selects Ten To Manage May Jubilee

Committee to Arrange All Plans For Weekend; Post-Vacation Meeting Will Pick Chairman

Ten members of the Class of '50 won places on the Freshman Jubilee Committee yesterday, as the result of class-wide balloting on a list of 82 candidates.

Including both Yardlings and men from the Houses, the group will assume its powers immediately after the Spring recess. It will operate as a unit until the Jubilee Weekend, now tentatively set for the early part of May.

Short Time

Despite the extraordinarily short time remaining for its work, the Freshman Committee will have a completely free hand in planning all the details of the affair, according to Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46, Student Council member in charge of voting.

The Jubliee Committee will choose its own chairman in its first week of operation, Weld added, and from then on will be on its own in the matter of hiring an orchestra, securing a hall, providing decorations, and selling tickets.

"Fair Indication"

Weld also commented upon criticism among certain members of the class that the "election was marked by irregularities." "We have examined these complaints," he said, "and to the best of our knowledge, this election is a fair indication of the choice of the voters."

Those chosen were: Edward B. Ayres, William A. Currier, Paul J. Douglass, Laurence V. Goodrich, Henry R. Guild, Morton D. Hull, John D. Ingram, Richard W. Kimball, John H. Slayten, and Don S. Sturgill.

The final elections were made from a list of nominees prepared by the House Committee Chairmen, the Student Council, the Union Committee, and augmented by petitions signed by Class members.