Two new Musical Groups to Make Debuts With All-Bach Performance Early in April

Two new musical organizations will make their debut in Sanders Theatre on Saturday, April 12, when the Harvard Bach Choir and the Harvard Music Club Chamber Organization present an all-Bach concert.

Organized last fall by Thomas B. Dunn 1G for the purpose of singing Bach Cautatas, the choir consists of 25 University and Radcliffe students. The orchestra, which was formed earlier in the term by the Music Club, approximates the string orchestra of Bach's time.

Three Bach Concert!

The first concert will include the Concerto in C Major for Two Pianos, Cantata No. 161, "Come, This Lovely Hour of Dying," the Concerto for Two Violins, and the Fifth Braudenburg Concerto. It will be jointly conducted by Dunn and Irving G. Fine '37, assistant professor of Music.

David Allen, pianist, and Geraldine Viti, alto, will be guest artists at the coming performance. Featured as soloists for the concerti will be Paul De Marais '49, Douglas Allanbrook '48, Maxwell Harvey '44, Robert Ritzenheim 2G, Clarence Taylor '49, and Sarah Cunningham 1G.

The newest musical group on the University scene plans additional concerts of contemporary music later. The coming program, sponsored by the Harvard and Radcliffe Music Clubs, is being held to raise funds for that purpose.