Visiting Lecturer Robbed in Room By Cool Gunman

Eric A. Havelock, visiting lecturer on Classics, was held up and robbed in his second floor Leverett House room last night by an armed and cool intruder. The thief carefully ransacked Havelock's J-22 room after forcing the teacher to strip, and made a successful though not unobserved getaway with $35 cash in $5 bills and a pair of shoes.

According to Havelock's own story, at about 8:15 o'clock he heard several doorknobs being tried outside his room, but paid no attention to this until his own began to turn. At this point he opened the door, to be confronted by the muzzle of an automatic pistol.

Thief Combs Suite

The armed man, described by Havelock as 24, of dark complexion, 5 feet 7 inches tall, with greasy black hair brushed straight back, forced him abruptly into the room, and had him remove his clothes and lie down.

The robber then proceeded to comb the apartment and to search through Havelock's clothes, helping himself to a size eight pair of brown shoes after ascertaining their size. Some minutes later after Havelock's alarm, John Fitzgerald of the University police saw a man fleeing up Plympton Street with what appeared to be a pair of shoes under one arm.