Business and Law Faculties Acquire Three Appointees

Appointment of two new law professors and a director of alumni relations for the Graduate School of Business Administration was announced this week by the University.

Named to the Law School faculty were Ernest J. Brown, former Buffalo attorney and assistant dean of the University of Buffalo Law School, and Robert Amory, Jr. '36, a New York attorney. At the same time, Professor Amory was appointed to serve as acting dean of the Law School during the summer of 1948.

Law Appointments Effective October 1

Donald M. Wright '23, executive director of the Church Society for College Work, in Washington, D. C., will join the Business School staff today, as a coordinator of the School's relations with alumni groups and individuals.

Both new law professors have been teaching in the Law School during the past year. Their appointments are effective on October 1, 1947.

Graduated with Distinction

As an enlisted man and officer in the Army during the war. Professor Brown worked on military intelligence for the Office of Strategic Services, serving in Washington and China.

Professor Amory practiced law in New York during the 30s, served as combat engineer is the South Pacific during the war, and was decorated for gallantry.

Both Professor Amory and Professor Brown graduated from the Law School with high honors and were editors of the Harvard Law Review.