Stadium Viewed AsGrim Nexus of Local Manhunt

Seeking to diagnose the symptoms of Radcliffe football fever, the Crimson presents the following testimonial from an incoming Freshman.

By Bunny Wintergreen

Joepers, college at last. And I'm all not for that first football game. Love this new style of ankle length coasts; maybe this year my foot won't look so blue. No, they couldn't be blue cause I'll wear my sheer black stockings.

I don't care what the boys say about new styles covering my legs--they don't know WHAT they're missing.

There is only one thing that really worries me. WHO is going to take me????? The first game is only a week away and I don't know anybody YET.

There must be someway to catch them. There're get-acquainted dances for our mass debut; and they say masses of eager men come to classify us. Can't you see their mental tabulation of each frosh into the beautiful, the intellectual and the majority.

I might have to wait til classes start on Wednesday. But you can't borrow lecture notes the first day . . . Maybe I should get lost ???? Would he know his way around, though? Maybe I could meet an upperclassman that way. Or I could pretend he looks like Rufus McCoy who rescued me from drowning when I was ten.

I've got to go to that game!! Mama bought all those slick get-ups for me, the purple dress with matching glasses; that chartreuse number guaranteed to make sober men think they've had enough; that low-out orange one whose method of support is still uncertain . . . One thing bothers me; I didn't tell mama that these cocktail conglomerations are in men's ROOMS. I'm not sure that I understand THAT. I've boned up on Emily Post; but she doesn't mention such places . . .

I wonder if I should know something about football? I'm sure dates just love me to ask them all about it. The only thing I know is that you shouldn't cheer when your date is biting off his nails; and you shouldn't admire the wrong band. Everyone knows that Harvard's band is the best in the land.

And a football game's the best way to see all your friends. You have to be sure that they wave at you: It's proof to them that I can catch a man. Only you don't usually try to speak to them--they might find something catty to say about your raccoon coat.

Anyhow, I'm all set for that game . . . and that weekend. Wouldn't YOU like to take me??