Law School Will Give General Test To Men Applying for 1948 Entrance

One more examination will confront cognizant aspirants seeking admission to the Law School in 1948 revealed vice-Dean Livingston Hall yesterday.

The test, drawn up by the College Entrance Examination Board, will seek to ascertain general knowledge, including vocabulary and social studies, rather than a concrete and exacting understanding of legal doctrine. A deeper view of student aptitude is the intended goal of the test, which may eventually be adopted by all the nation's law schools.

Yale, Columbia, Chicago University, and the University of Pennsylvania are among the colleges now considering use of the new test, still in its experimental stages.

Resuits Uncertain

Resuits of this added inquiry into student knowledge will have to be correlated before members of the Law School faculty will know exactly towards what end to use it or how to weight its findings. Law School officials could not announce what weight it would be given in this year's entrance criteria.

As a supplementary examination, the test will be extremely useful in selecting applicants and assessing their legal ability, stated school officials.

This year's meetings of the testing sections will be on Feb. 28 and May 8.