NSA Suggests DP's Come As Students Here

Student Council Must Approve Proposal

Displaced persons may soon be studying at Harvard if the Student Council accepts a suggestion of the University's NSA delegation.

At its meeting last night, the group voted to submit the following resolution for Council approval:

"Resolved, That the Harvard Student Council is willing to accept responsibility for bringing student DP's to northern New England colleges.

"This will be done with the understanding that an investigation of the feasibility of the project will first be conducted and the plans approved by the national staff of the NSA."

International Committee Considers

The suggestion will go to the Council's International Committee for consideration. It was adopted by the local NSA delegation from a list of three projects sponsored by the national group. These included a three-nations tour for American students and a tour of the United States by foreign students.

These two projects will probably be adopted by other schools in the NSA system. Work has already begun on the Tri-Nations tour idea.

Paul L. Wright, Jr. '49 resigned as delegation chairman because of "pressure of UN Council Work." Frederick Deane, Jr. '48 was chosen to succeed him.

Wright repeated his desire to work with the group on all NSA projects and promised his "fullest support" to the activities of the delegation.

The next red, circle on the NSA calendar marks its coming regional convention at Radcliffe.