PBH Festivities, House Plays Ring the Christmas Welkin

Christmas spirit was dispensed in a Brooks House Santa Claus party and a special Band-Glee Club concert as well as three plays which ended the House Christmas play season. Tomorrow the American Veterans Committee will have four Santa Clauses of its own making the rounds of Cambridge.

Almost 1,200 Boston settlement house children and adults jammed Sanders Theater last night for PBH's Band-Glee Club Christmas Concert. Earlier in the day, PBH men had thrown their annual Santa Claus party for 25 underprivileged children of Cambridge in the Brooks House parlor.

"It's been one of the biggest things we've had in years," said Christopher M. Martin, Social Service Committee chairman, of the Sanders concert.

Music, a magician, refreshments, and presents were waiting for the visitors at the traditional PBH afternoon Christmas party. Carl Marshall '50 donned a Santa Clans outfit and dispensed gifts consisting of toys and clothing to the children.

Everything is on wheels these days evidently, including four AVC Santas who will cover Cambridge routes by jeep. The jeeps will be well stocked with candy and presents to fill last minute "orders" of Harvard men's children.

Ben Jonson was the best selling author last night as far as House Christmas plays were concerned. Eliot presented his "The Silent Woman" and Leverett "The Silent Woman" and Leverett "The Alchemist." Kirkland performed a modern revue containing a variety of skits.