Eliot, Lowell, Funster Win In House Tilts

Lowell continued on its late-season climb up the basketball ladder yesterday, while Eliot House, top grin on the Straus trophy totem pole, split its double slate, dropping a tight basketball game to Dunster and drubbing the Kirkland House skaters at the Arena.

Elephant-like in its over-powering attack, the Mastodons tripped and slugged their way to a 3 to 1 victory over the Deacon sextet in the early morning hours.

Rough and frequent outbursts of temper, a goal apiece for Eliot's Fred Ecker. Bert Van Ingen, and George O'Neill, and a crowded penalty box marked the fracas. As for the hockey prowess displayed, it was dubbed "not particularly brilliant" by unanimous consent of both teams.

Dunster Topples Eliot, 46 to 42

Eliot's quintet fell victim to a burst of hot shooting by Dunster in the last few minutes of play, 46 to 42. Stretch Crichion of the Elephants rang up the top score of the evening with 14 points, but his one man attack wilted against Dunster's smooth team-work and the seesaw game, 22 to 22 at the half, dropped to the Funsters.