Hunter Claims Propaganda Makes Arabs Anti-Semitic

Thirty percent of the Arabs in the Holy Land are the "victims of propaganda" and this group constitutes the political leadership of Arab Palestine, the Reverend David Hunter told a New Lecture Hall audience assembled for a rally supporting the partition plan last night.

The meeting was sponsored by the American Veterans Committee, the Radcliffe League for Democracy, and the University and Radcliffe Zionist Societies.

Hunter, executive secretary of the Christian Education Department of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts, toured Palestine last summer and reported that the Arabs are "deeply anti-Semitic" and think of the Jew as a "very clover person," who will keep taking advantage of the Arab until he is finally evicted from Palestine.

Implementation Must Follow

The Arab is indiscriminately anti-Semitic, Hunter added. He believes the Jews to be of a "diabolical design" and means to stop them before they get any further. Commenting on the UN plan to partition Palestine with economic union, Hunter pointed out that its two-fold aim makes the plan "ingenious."

"The UN can't afford to change the plan and it must implement it eventually. It is the best plan because it involves the least amount of injustice and carries with it, in the long run, the least amount of bloodshed."