'Cliffe Council Ballots Today On AYD Charter Permission

Two weeks of lively debate will reach a climax this afternoon when the Radcliffe Student Council votes to charter or reject a proposed Annex chapter of the American Youth for Democracy.

Today's vote on AYD will follow hour-long discussion of the major issue currently before the Council whether or not the 'Cliffe Student Government is willing to charter partisan political groups.

An affirmative vote, this afternoon would signify tacit Council consent to any other existing and future political organizations which guarantee no outside affiliations. Such groups as the Young Republican Club and the Committee for Wallace already have strong Radcliffe backing and grant of charters would permit these embryo clubs to use Radcliffe property for Harvard Radcliffe rallies.

Twenty Signers

Anita Ragozin '51 heads the 20 girls--17 of them already members of the Intercollegiate AYD--who are petitioning for the Annex AYD organization.

Today's Council agenda includes two issues related to the AYD. Part of the discussion will probably center on the question of chartering temporary election-year groups. Possibly shelved for later discussion will be the debate on closer investigation of the loyalties of the clubs' petition-signers.