Law School Plans First Forum on Red Spy Scares

Red scares and red herrings top the agenda of the year's first law school forum at Rindge Tech October 8.

O. John Rogge, former assistant attorney general and Third Party candidate for surrogate in New York City Morris Ernst, civil liberties lawyer, and Professor William Yandell Elliott, staff director of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, will discuss "How Shall We Deal with American Communists" at the meeting.

Former OPA administrator Paul Porter will follow the Communist forum on October 15 with a discussion of "Can We Avoid Depression?" Porter will be joined on the platform by other speakers, as yet undesignated.

Air Presidential Views

Following a pattern of presenting election topics in the first three meetings, the Forum has scheduled a round-table discussion of the coming presidential race by five Law School professors.

Participating in this "The Faculty Votes" forum are Professor Edmund M. Morgan, chairman, Professor W. Barton Leach, Professor Warren Abner Seavey, and Professor Richard H. Field. Other speakers have not been named. It is scheduled for October 29.

"American Sex Standards" will be discussed at the November 5 forum, Richard A. Holman, president of the Law School Forum, announced yesterday. Dr. Margaret Meade, cultural anthropologist of the Museum of Natural History in New York and Dr. Gregory Zilboorg, author and psychiatrist, will occupy the platform.

A two-day series of discussion of problems of the young lawyer, with emphasis on employment troubles, will follow on November 10 and 11.