Brooks, McGiffert Get $400 Awards; Stanford U. Law Lists Scholarships

Paul Revere Frothingham scholarships went yesterday to Norman Herrick Brooks '49 of Kirkland House and Milton and to David Eliot McGiffert '49 of Eliot House and Berkeley, California.

The $400 stipends are given under the will of Anna Clapp Frothingham in memory of her husband, a member of the Class of 1886. The will instructs F. S. Von Stade, Jr. '38's Committee on Scholarships to award the funds to "seniors who best exemplify the qualities of excellent scholarship, manliness, and effective support of the best interests of Harvard University."

Brooks now holds a $250 Swift Scholarship and is president of Phillips Brooks House. McGiffert is chairman of the Eliot House Committee.

Stanford Law Scholarships

Full tuition scholarships to the Stanford University School of Law are available in "substantial" quantities, according to a recent announcement by the West Coast university.

In addition to the regular $600 scholarships, there are a number of $1000 awards (full tuition plus $400). Students may secure application forms and further information from the Dean of the School of Law, Stanford University, Stanford, California.

Final applications should be filed before April 1, 1949, according to the law school's announcement.

Summer Study in England

Applications for American and Canadian students to study this summer in England will close March 1. The Institute of International Education, 2 West 45th st., New York, will accept applications only from residents of the United States. Canadians will have to wait until a Dominion representative is chosen.