Injuries May Slow '52 Five Against Cross

Injuries will keep the two regular guards on the freshman basketball squad, Bill Borah and Alden Davis, out of the Holy Cross game in the Boston Arena at 4:30 p.m. today. Davis tore a cartilage in his knee at the Trinity game December 16 and aggravated the injury during the vacation. Borah twisted an ankle at practice yesterday and will be able to play only a small portion of the game at best, according to doctors.

"Holy Cross is one of the outstanding freshman aggregations in this area and since we're very thin right now because of injuries, they'll have the edge on us," Coach Lloyd Harper said last night. "Man for man they're no cleverer than we are but they have the advantage of manpower and size."

Jim Downey and captain Bill Hickey, who usually plays forward, will fill guard vacancies. Red Barry and Jerry Murphy will operate in the forward positions while John Stevenson will be in his regular center slot.

"Stevenson was the big gun in the 43-37 victory over Trinity," Harper said. The six foot three inch center scored only ten points in the Trinity contest but his play under the boards meant the game for the Crimson.

There was no vacation practice for the '52 squad. However, all the players worked out with teams in their home towns and Harper claims the team was in pre-vacation form at practice yesterday.