Annex Group Will Help Heart Drive

Radcliffe girls will join groups from ten women's colleges at Boston Arena and Garden events Tuesday night through Sunday, February 27, to hand out red hearts for the New England Heart Association's fund drive.

Five girls will represent Radcliffe at each event, handling distribution of the hearts during intermission time. Fay House is also contributing personnel for the drive with Dean's Office secretaries Mrs. Ackerman and Miss Norse already signed up for intermission time duties. Community Service representatives in the dorms and off-quad houses will select the remainder of the 125-girl contingent by Monday.

Events scheduled during the drive include the ice follies, the Harvard-Dartmouth hockey game, and a twin basketball bill featuring Harvard vs. Boston College and Holy Cross vs. Boston University.

Boston and New York radio stations are cooperating in the drive by mailing baby orchids at one dollar apiece for Valentine's Day. The orchids were flown from Honolulu for the occasion and with each flower is enclosed a card reading: "A contribution has been made in your name to the American Heart Association" and a flight log describing the orchids' trip from the Pacific.

Funds raised by New Englanders will finance research, doctor-and-public education, and a clinical program. Half the money raised goes to work on the community level. Next week has been declared Heart Week by Governor Paul A. Dever.