Crimson Fencers Subdue Bowdoin

Harvard's fencers took every individual match yesterday afternoon to shut out the Bowdoin varsity, 27 to 0, in the Indoor Athletic Building.

Coach Rene Peroy will send the same starting team against Cornell at 2:30 p. m. this afternoon in a bid to reverse last year's defeat at the points of the Big Red swords.

Bowdoin was completely unable to fend off the varsity yesterday, as foilsmen Bill Raney and Joe Vera speared three matches apiece, Chip Arp took two, and Frankman one, for a clean sweep in the division.

Crimson Shivs Unstoppable

The men from Maine fared no better with their epees. Giles Constable, Captain Johnny Agar, and Ken Yates had little trouble picking up three touches three times apiece to add another nine points to the Crimson tally.

Fels Carter and John Gay each slashed through the Bowdoin saber team for three wins. Bob Westhrim snared two more points before Tom Masterson came in to mop up the last bout and complete the whitewash.

After Cornell, the varsity schedule lists meets with Princeton, Army, Columbia, and Amherst before the final clash with Yale.