Dispossessed Valeteria Plans To Fulfill Student Contracts

"Teddy's Valeteria will make good right down to the last coupon," manager Theodore Cammarata stated last night. Regular pickups and deliveries will get back on schedule Monday, he said, despite the enforced closing of the store and plant last week.

Students with unexpired contracts will get their clothing cleaned and pressed at Student's Valet, 1609 Massachusetts ave., which has given Cammarata special permission to use its plant until outstanding coupons are redeemed.

Cammarata said that even though Teddy's Valeteria is a corporation and not legally required to fulfill obligations beyond the extent of its assets, he personally wants to "make sure the students get everything that's coming to them."

Will Deliver Leftovers

Cammarata plans to deliver today and early next week the clothing taken from the Valeteria out to Somerville and brought back Thursday to the CRIMSON building.

Vincent R. Bertocci, Cammarata's lawyer, admitted yesterday that the Valeteria "is in pretty tough shape. The only assets they have are some unpaid bills," he said. "They're only one step away from bankruptcy," he added.

When the Somerville National Bank and the Progressive Workingmans Credit Union foreclosed their mortgages on the entire plant and equipment of the Valeteria last week, the corporation was left with an estimated $16,000 to $18,000 in liabilities, including almost $2,000 in outstanding coupors and only a few hundred dollars of assets.

Teddy's Valeteria was part of a chain of Cambridge and Somerville cleaning and dyeing establishments owned by the Cammarata family.