Sextet, Minus Carman, Plays Cadets at West Point Today

By Douglas M. Fouquet

Wednesday night the hockey team trimmed BU in one of the roughest college games of the year. And tonight at West Point's Academy Stadium the Crimson will be in for much the same sort of evening when it takes on Army Harvard will probably win, mainly because BU best Army two weeks ago and because the Crimson is now playing its best hockey of the season. But the team will have to face the slow but big Cadets without the services of Jack Carman, big defenseman who lost three teeth when he was hanged by one of BU's illegal cross-checks Wednesday night. Carman definitely will be back in action against Dartmouth next Wednesday.

When even BU, which turned Wednesday's game into an alley fight, terms Army "a rough team," it stands to reason that tonight won't be an easy night for the Crimson. Add to this the fact that traditionally liberal West Point officials will be on hand, and matters become even worse.

Coulter Returns to Defense

Although Carman will be out, Lew Preston and Al Key, also hurt in Wednesday's fracas, will be ready. Doug Anderson will return to the third line wearing a cast over his wrist, sprained this week in practice.

Replacing Carman on the first defense will be Charlie Coulter. Elsewhere the well-functioning new first line of Preston, Dave Key and Bill Garrity will be operating, as will the Abbot-Huntington-Moseley second line. Joe Kittredge and Shorty Minot will join Anderson on the third line, and either Bill Yetman or Phil Clark will play goal.

Last year's sextet toppled the Cadets by a 7 to 1 score, but that was at the Arena. Tonight the score probably won't be so one-sided, since the skaters have a long bus trip and an unfamiliar and unfriendly rink against them.