Eisler Addresses John Reed Club's Meeting Tonight

Gerhart Eisler, who is fighting deportation proceedings by the United States government, will make his second appearance on a Harvard lecture platform in eight months, when he speaks to an Emerson D audience at 7:30 p.m. tonight under the auspices of the newly formed John Reed Club.

When Eisler last spoke here, late in April 1948, the expected outburst of trouble fizzled briefly and then settled into spasmodic heckling from the audience. Two students in cossack costumes provided the only incident of the evening. But they barely got to greet Eisler before they were ejected from the meeting.

Discussed Deportation

At that time Eisler discussed the deportation proceedings which the American government had instituted against him. Those proceedings are still under way. Eisler, who wants to leave this country to become professor of Political Science at the University of Leipzig, is being kept in the United States until either the government is able to deport him or the proceedings are quashed.

The accused Communist's topic tonight will be "The Marxist Theory of Social Change." Chief Alvin Randall of the University police said yesterday that his office was not planning to assign "more than the regular detail" to the Emerson Hall meeting.