Law Forums on 'Values for Modern Man' Begin Tonight

Discussion panels about "Values for the Modern Man" will be sponsored by the Law School Forum on five successive nights this week. The series represents the most comprehensive treatment the Law School has given any subject this year.

William e. Hocking '01, professor emeritus of Philosophy. Percy Bridgman '04, professor of Physics, and Walter G. Muelder Dean of the B. U. Theological School will talk over the general topic Friday night in the Cambridge High and Latin School auditorium. Before Friday, four preliminary forums will be hold daily, in Now Lecture Hall to discuss this broad subject in terms of four limited fields of learning.

At 8 p.m. tonight Howard Mumford Jones, professor of English, F. O. Matthiessen, professor of History and Literature, Arthur T. Merrit '29, professor of Music, and Dorothy Adlow, art critic of the Christian Science monitor will deal with the Arts and letters section of the five day symposiums.

Two points which these four exports will debate this evening are: 1.) The relation of the artist to his government and society in general 2.) The problem of artistic communication to the greatest number of people.

Second Panel Tomorrow

Pitrim Sorokin, professor of Sociology and director of Harvard's "anti-selfishness" research center, George de Santillana, professor of English and History at MIT and an expert on cybernetics, a system that proposes to make greater control of physical mechanisms by man possible, and Henry Aiken, professor of Philosophy will discuss the relation of the Social Sciences to values for the modern man, tomorrow.